See what your school is up against!
What is the Spirit Squad?
Marc Jacobson with ABC12 is making the rounds to local schools to encourage both
school spirit and the spirit of giving.
Each Friday, Marc broadcasts live with the 5:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
How do we participate?
- Create flyers, make announcements to encourage school and
community participation Arrange various collection locations: school entrance,
cafeteria, library, classrooms, local businesses or service clubs
- Creativity is Key – Tie this in with sporting events, NHS,
Student Council, School Clubs, Extra Credit, etc.
- Collect non-perishable and monetary donations prior to the
ABC12 Spirit Squad visit. Suggested
- Non perishable canned and boxed food – fruit, vegetables, soup, cereal,
- Personal care items – Shampoo, toothbrushes and paste, paper
- Cash donations - $1= 9
lbs. of food
- Continue collecting throughout the school year. A first semester and second semester
winner will be recognized , and a grand finale special will take place in Mid
May (ABC 12 reserves the right to name co-champions)
School donations will be continually
weighed and updated on the Food Bank website!
How does this help the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan?
- Empowers students to create a community wide solution to a
community wide problem
- Increases hunger awareness throughout
- The Food Bank distributes the food to the hungry in your
- The need for food has never been greater
What can this do for our School?
- Encourages a sense of community for students
- Activities and Volunteer can go towards community service
- Show off school pride and spirit on live TV!
- Good, clean fun
The Food Bank will gladly arrange for a
Want to See what your school is up against!
See the Results from other Schools!
Sign up!! Click Here; email@example.com